Suffolk Holiday Cottages » Privacy and Security
What information we collect and why
When you book with Idyllic Cottages, there are different ways we gather information about you:
1. We ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a customer and to allow us to fulfil your booking.
2. We keep a record of your stay with us so we can send you deatils of relevant offers.
3. We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of any problems or concerns you’ve had with our services.
4. What we DON’T collect is your payment details – all of this is managed by SAGEPAY and their Secure e-Payments system. All online payments are carried out on our payment page hosted securely by SAGEPAY .
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the “Directive”), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a “legitimate and useful tool” for many activities, including verifying the identity of website users. The Directive makes it compulsory for websites to inform users if cookies are being used and to provide some information on how they are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org.
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
1. Dealing with bookings for our properties.
2. Planning and managing Idyllic Cottages’s business activities, including analysing customers’ holiday booking habits and preferences.
4. Providing you with information about the services we offer.
How We DO NOT Use Your Personal Data.
We will never pass on your email address on to a 3rd party for marketing purposes.
We take every reasonable measure to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. You may request details of any of your personal information held by Idyllic Cottages.
As an alternative, you can contact us by telephone to book your stay. Just telephone us on 01206 337 470 . If we are closed then feel free to leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.